Tax Free Savings Account
A Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) is a savings vehicle that lets you earn tax-free investment income. It’s a great way to complement your existing registered plans such as the RRSP and RESP.
What are the benefits of TFSAs?
- Tax-free growth - you don’t pay taxes on interest earned in your TFSA which helps you build your savings faster.
- Tax-free withdrawals
- You can put back any amounts you withdraw in the year after you withdraw them.
- You can choose from a wide range of investment options.
TFSA Options at Kawartha Credit Union
Learn the basics about our TFSA products below to help you find an option that is right for you.
High Interest TFSA Savings Account
- Competitive Interest Rate
- Steady, predictable returns
- Easy access to your money
- Your principal is fully protected
- A full range of terms and features. View available TFSA Term Deposit products.
Have a question about our TFSA options? We've provided answers to the most common TFSA questions below.
If you dont see your question below, call us at 1-855-670-0510 or contact a branch near you.
What is a TFSA? Expand/Collapse
Who is eligible for a TFSA? Expand/Collapse
How much am I allowed to contribute each year? Expand/Collapse
Below are the contribution limits for each year the TFSA has existed:
|5,500||2016 & 2017
|5,500||2014 & 2013|
|5,000||2012 - 2009|