Our History


Kawartha Credit Union (formerly CANGECO credit union) was started in 1952 by employees of the Maintenance and Repair Department of Canadian General Electric in Peterborough. They rented a small office in the CGE plant and focussed on providing loans to employees of CANGECO and their families. From its humble beginnings, Kawartha Credit Union has grown to 25 branches across Ontario with $1.4 Billion in assets. To view a timeline of our history, click here.